About Me

My photo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
I am a retired teacher with time on my hands. I love to cook and bake. For the past eight years my hobby has been entering recipe contests. I have done very well and have been to several cook/bake offs although I have never won a grand prize. The ititials of my blog CCC are the same as the site where I get contest information, Cooking Contest Central (CCC). While there are 1000's of food blogs that post recipes this blog will review other cooking blogs.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'M BACK


At least for awhile. I will know on Tuesday if my breast cancer is back. If I do not have cancer I will begin posting again. Hopefully, i will be able to posr a new sweepstakes within the next few days. If my cancer is back my postings will be spotty.


In the meantime, I have entered a drink contest which requires that I post the recipe and a picture on my blog. So, here it is.


Gorilla Martini
2 medium ripe, but firm, bananas, sliced
2 cups banana ice cream, homemade or purchased
1 Tablespoon Cream De Cacao
2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup, homemade or purchased
2 Tablespoons caramel syrup, homemade or purchased
In the jar of a large blender combine the sliced bananas, the ice cream and the Cream De Cacao. Pulse until the mixture is thick and well blended.
Drizzle the chocolate and caramel syrups down the sides of four (4) chilled martini glasses, dividing equally. Divide the ice cream mixture between the dressed martini glasses. Serve immediately.
Serves 4
To make this a mocktail substitute an additional Tablespoon of chocolate syrup for the Cream De Cacao.



5 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, my gosh, that looks/sounds good! Best of luck with the test results, Carole ... many, many prayers being sent your way!!!

Shannon said...

Dear Carole,

I will be praying for you!!!

Karen Harris said...

You're in my prayers. Your drink looks delicious. I love the title.

The Inexperienced Foodie said...

welcome back! and that looks so tasty

Lorenzotrei said...

Oh, my gosh, that looks/sounds good! Best of luck with the test results, Carole ... many, many prayers being sent your way!!!