About Me

My photo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
I am a retired teacher with time on my hands. I love to cook and bake. For the past eight years my hobby has been entering recipe contests. I have done very well and have been to several cook/bake offs although I have never won a grand prize. The ititials of my blog CCC are the same as the site where I get contest information, Cooking Contest Central (CCC). While there are 1000's of food blogs that post recipes this blog will review other cooking blogs.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Urban Italian

I got a new cookbook today, Urban Italian by Andrew Carmellini and Gwen Hyman. This is a wonderful cookbook packed with Italian recipes from soup to nuts.

If you go to amazon. com http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Italian-Simple-Recipes-Stories/dp/159691470X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250297640&sr=8-1 and look toward the bottom of the page you will see a link to a lot of new copies at greatly reduced prices. Sometimes these books are perfect, sometimes there is a tear in the dust cover and/or there may be a remainder mark.

I don't know about you but my cookbooks live on a bookshelf. I don't care about tears in dust covers or remainder marks. If I can get a $35.00 cookbook for $18.00 I am a happy camper. You can see if there are deals on any wanted cookbooks by entering the title in the search box at amazon.com

I have a collection of almost 1,500 cookbooks----most purchased at deep discount.

No comments: