About Me

My photo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
I am a retired teacher with time on my hands. I love to cook and bake. For the past eight years my hobby has been entering recipe contests. I have done very well and have been to several cook/bake offs although I have never won a grand prize. The ititials of my blog CCC are the same as the site where I get contest information, Cooking Contest Central (CCC). While there are 1000's of food blogs that post recipes this blog will review other cooking blogs.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

BRR IT IS COLD OUTSIDE

Today is Saturday, January 17, 2009. The actual outside temperature is a balmy 5°F. Yesterday, the high temperature was -7° F. The dog is curled up taking a nap on the couch.

My computer room is actually a converted back porch. Three of the four walls are outside walls with lots of windows. Although the room is heated and with the portable electric heater the room gets very cold. I cannot stay in it for long periods at a time.

Since I am not going anywhere in this cold (my mama raised no fools) I will use this day to give you a few new blogs to explore. Since I can't stay in the computer room for too long, I willl post a message and go into the living room to warm my fingers up. Then I will come back into the computer room and write another post.

To all of you in cold and frigid temperatures, STAY WARM

No comments: